Ingersoll Rand Electrical Engineer in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We have a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team. This role works directly with our customers to ensure the best possible, highest quality and most reliable Transport HVAC system is provided for their application. Working as part of a cross-functional team, the Electrical Application Engineer allows for a diverse set of experiences including requirement development, design, test, field support and direct customer interfacing. This individual will complete and/or coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and provide customer focused input to the team for success in the market.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Work with internal and external Product Management, Commercial and Engineering teams to develop proposals based on bus procuring authority specifications and market requirements.
- Work directly with bus OEM engineering teams to define and coordinate Custom Order Design (COD) projects based on development efforts and/or new procuring authority requirements.
- Serve as the technical point of contact and facilitate communication between the Thermo King design team and customers on new and existing products.
- Develop electrical subsystems and components for diesel, hybrid electric or alternative fueled vehicle applications based on unique customer requirements.
- Participate in design reviews, design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) and design validation plan and report (DVP&R) activities.
- Provide support to manufacturing during new product launches and on an as needed basis for quality, reliability and productivity improvements.
- Provide technical support to the bus OEM to ensure the bus HVAC system is properly applied and installed per Thermo King guidelines.
- Conduct HVAC system application reviews and support bus and subsystem development and validation testing.
- Work with the Service Team, bus OEM and transit authorities to identify and resolve field issues.
- Provide support to meet assigned quality and reliability targets.
- Travel 10-25% in North America to customer sites and facilities.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and at least 2 years of electrical and/or systems engineering experience is required.
- Experience in the design of vehicle electrical systems, harness/interconnection systems, embedded software or controls is preferred.
- Hands-on proficiency using electrical tools and instrumentation to perform testing and gather data.
- Strong PC-based computer skills including software installation and configuration, familiarity with programming in C/C is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and control systems and provide remote support.
- Knowledge in automotive networking (e.g. CAN) standards.
- Experience in or knowledge of the North American bus and coach market is beneficial.
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to develop relationships and interface with customers on critical technical matters.
- Highly-organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Technical aptitude to quickly and efficiently gather, understand, condense and organize information to make informed engineering decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly using both written and verbal methods.
- Possess a self-motivated desire to learn and have the ability to share and apply new knowledge effectively.
- Strong analytical abilities and technical knowledge of HVAC system control is preferred.
- Initiative and independence with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a cross functional team environment.
- Knowledge of vehicle environmental and safety requirements.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 26, 2018, 3:13:46 PM