Vital Images Software Engineer - Java in Minnetonka, Minnesota
The Vitrea Platform Team builds a scalable enterprise application platform that supports advanced visualization and clinical applications built by Vital and Canon Medical Systems. The team uses a blend of desktop and web technologies to provide high performance data management solutions, unified access to data stored throughout hospital information systems, and APIs for common application functions.
At Vital, what we do matters. This is at the heart of every product we develop, every service we provide, and especially each member of our team. Vital is part of Canon Medical Systems, and together we lead the industry with the latest health imaging informatics solutions. We improve the quality of patient care by developing innovative products that enable the exchange, analysis and storage of clinical information across health care enterprises and communities. Our products handle millions of medical images and health records a day across the world. Vital Images experiences the best of both worlds with a dynamic and collaborative environment, casual culture, and agility of a mid-sized company, while having the support and resources of Canon.
Our offices are based in Minnetonka, Minnesota; Waterloo, Ontario; Copenhagen, Denmark; The Netherlands; and Beijing, China. We value our team’s innovation, enthusiasm, and dedication to help improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a passionate team that believes what we do matters? Then a career with Vital Images might be right for you!
Vital Images is looking for enthusiastic and creative self-starters with a passion for solving complex technical problems. Our ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design and is eager to learn new technologies and use that knowledge to solve real-world problems.
A Software Engineer at Vital Images is responsible for:
- The design and implementation of software features that our customers need
- Collaborating with architects, analysts, and other developers
- Applying software development and testing best practices
- Assisting with development environment improvements and process refinement
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working with Java
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong skills in Object Oriented Design and software development best practices
- Experience with software development in Java with Spring and a willingness to learn other languages and technologies
- Experience with Healthcare informatics domain knowledge including: DICOM, HL7, HIS, RIS, PACS, EMR, or medical imaging
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Vital offers a dynamic work place, competitive compensation package, and room for learning and growth in our organization. This is an environment in which things move quickly and you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats. We have a casual dress code, offer flexible work hours and actively foster work-life balance, because anything else simply isn’t sustainable. Our Minnetonka, MN office is located about 12 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis. Our office is near several walking paths and restaurants that are a quick drive away. In our office of 170, we have free healthy snacks, a deli on site and Friday massages. Our team at Vital loves what we do and has fun doing it together. We look forward to receiving an application from you.
Vital Images is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Posted: March 30, 2018